Saturday, February 7, 2015

A sand-coloured bag with buttons

Today I'm going to show you my most complicated bag so far. I made it quite a long time ago but kept forgetting to post it.
I saw the Iris bag on Etsy and I thought it would be great to try to make something similar. Of course mine is not as professional as the Iris bag and I couldn't have made the zipper the same way but my goal was to make a similar bag and not a copy.
It has some pleats and four buttons as a little decoration. The outer fabric is from Ikea and I got the buttons from my Grandpa so they are real treasures. The lining fabric is simple white cotton. Inside there are a couple of pockets for all the important things I carry with myself every day.
Okay, enough said, let's see what it looks like!





And here is the zipper before it was sewn to the lining:

(I always zig-zag stitch every part of the things I sew - it takes more time but it prevents the fabric from falling apart.)

I hope you like the bag. :)

Have a nice weekend,
Kata



No comments: