Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Theory of Everything

I felt like writing something again for such a long time and finally an inspiring movie helped me to take the first step.
We watched The Theory of Everything on Tuesday. After the first five minutes of the film I already felt that it might become a favourite and I wasn't disappointed. It was incredible; I loved how Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones played Stephen Hawking and Jane. The whole movie was perfect - it was worthy of the most incredible of today's real geniuses. ♥

You might ask how The Theory of Everything is connected to crafting. Here is the story behind it:

One of my friends from university is getting married in May and I would like to try to sew a dress for this special occasion. I usually don't pay very close attention to the costumes in films but I just can't forget the pale green ball dress Felicity Jones was wearing at the May ball at the beginning of the film.

(photo source: dailymail.co.uk)

 I started looking for patterns and I found one here - it is completely free and my size exactly! So I decided to give it a try. First I want to find some simple fabric to test the pattern and then I'll buy a more elegant one.

I'll let you know about where I am currently in the whole process. This was just the planning phase so I have a long way to go until the wedding and in between there will be another semester at university with a pinch of teaching practice.

As for the blog, it would be great to write about older stuff I made and other movies or books but first I'll have to see how much free time I'll have this semester.

Have a nice evening,
Kata

No comments: